Patients at Cincinnati Children’s receive some of the best care in the country, according to the latest hospital rankings by US News and World Report.
Overall, Cincinnati Children’s ranked third among all Honor Roll hospitals in the magazine’s 2012 Best Children’s Hospitals report.
We ranked among the top five pediatric hospitals in nine of the 10 categories reviewed by the magazine, and among the top 10 in all 10 categories. Our neonatology program was ranked No. 1 nationwide. Learn more about this outstanding program.
“Cincinnati Children’s deserves high praise for its accomplishments,” says Avery Comarow, health rankings editor for the magazine. “Its dedication and expertise reach across multiple specialties, as shown by its Honor Roll listing.”
The rankings compared 178 pediatric hospitals nationwide. Hard data on health care quality — including survival rates, nursing staff size, complication rates and more – accounted for 75 percent of a hospital’s score. The remaining 25 percent was based on a survey of 1,500 pediatric specialists who were asked where they would send the sickest children in their field.
Here’s how we ranked:
Neonatology No. 1
Pulmonology No. 2
Cancer No. 3
Gastroenterology No. 3
Nephrology No. 3
Orthopedics No. 4
Urology No. 4
“We’re honored again to be ranked among the best children’s hospitals in the nation as a result of our strength in clinical care, research and education,” says Michael Fisher, president and CEO of Cincinnati Children’s. “We strive to provide outstanding care across the spectrum of pediatric specialties – and we do it with a focus on quality, safety, family experience and value. Even so, we’re never satisfied and we will keep working to be the leader in improving the health of children in our community and around the world.”