Cincinnati Children's Blog

Child Safety Alert: Button battery dangerous if swallowed

The recent death of a toddler in Oklahoma from the complications of swallowing a button battery is drawing attention to the dangers of ingesting small lithium batteries. Button batteries are found in many household objects, such as remotes, electronics, and hearing aids, and can easily be swallowed by young children.

Karla Rauch, the mother of a Cincinnati Children’s patient who swallowed a button battery, is working to raise awareness of the dangers of button batteries.

Learn more about the damage button batteries can cause at Local12.com.

Write a Comment

No Comments Yet