Cincinnati Children's Blog

Power outage at Location A

In the early morning of Jan. 4, the Cincinnati Fire Department responded to Cincinnati Children’s Burnet campus as a result of an electrical fire on the 8th floor of Location A, resulting in a power outage.

There were no injuries. All patients were safely cared for during this time. Operations returned to normal by early afternoon.

Dr. Derek Wheeler explains how past crisis simulation training at the medical center helped to prepare our personnel for managing this real-life situation at

Write a Comment

No Comments Yet