Patient Experience is a program set forth by Cincinnati Children’s Radiology Department to investigate and put into effect ways to make our patients’ and their families’ visit outcomes better. Implemented by our Quality Improvement and Compliance Division (QI), the program seeks to improve overall patient and family experiences. It’s not just about the type of care children receive, but how they feel when they are here and how we can make it better. Examples of these implementations include redesigning our waiting room area, having our staff introduce themselves when they come and greet our patients, and escorting our patients back when their exam is completed.
It’s good to know that all our efforts have yielded good results. Here is an update on January’s Radiology Patient Experience data and December’s testimonials from our patients and families.
How are we doing?
In December, 92.3% of the 297 families surveyed gave Radiology a score of 9 or 10 for “Overall rating of the facility.”
December Survey Comments
- “I believe his name was Matt. He was so welcoming, which I’ve seen a lack of at other places during the pandemic. He offered to carry my diaper bag and coat into the exam room as I had my hands full with my infant. His attitude was so positive- even helped put her coat on. Best medical experience I’ve had recently.”
- “Michelle M our tech was excellent. She went above and beyond to make sure all our concerns with our son’s pain were addressed. She walked us back to the waiting room and walked my husband to the lab to make sure our son’s sample was processed. We appreciate the extra time she took with our son and how comfortable she made us all throughout the process.”
- “My son J is a wild boy, and he actually was calm enough to walk to his procedure and play with bubbles on the way there! He has never, ever been able to do that. The staff are all so incredibly warm and friendly. It didn’t even feel like a hospital environment.”
- “The radiologist [tech] was great with my son. He was very down to earth. When we left my 12 yo said that “he was a cool guy.“
- “The radiology technician was really good at explaining the procedure and the doctor seemed very knowledgeable.”
- “I have been impressed with the hospital from day 1. We come from a region with subpar medical care. I was desperate for answers, and the proficiency we were met with is extraordinary care. So much, it made me cry and gave me hope. I have all the faith in the world in Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. “
- “Our nurse Melissa was incredibly kind and helpful. She was efficient and helped us complete the procedure without sedation. She made our experience great. We also appreciated that Dr. Coley took a minute to read our CT and reassure us so that we didn’t spend the weekend worrying.”
- “Kathy the nurse was so thorough with her explanation as was my son’s anesthesiologist (sorry I can’t remember his name). They were calm and patient and took as much care of the parents as they did our child.”
- “This was honestly the best children’s hospital I’ve been to. We’ve struggled to get answers from [redacted] for a year with no clear answer & Cinci Children’s has put our minds at ease and helped us in a way I never thought possible! Thank you so much, I will always come to Cincinnati Children’s for all my children’s needs.”
- “Our radiologist was amazing! Abbey was so sweet and friendly and made my daughter feel very calm and comfortable! She made the CT experience easy and it wasn’t scary or nerve wracking at all for her! Before we even knew it began it was over! She was incredible! I highly recommend her, especially for children who may come in nervous or worried. Wonderful experience as always! We are at Children’s a lot as my child has epilepsy and they never disappoint!”