Patient Experience is a program set forth by Cincinnati Children’s Radiology Department to investigate and put into effect ways to make our patients’ and their families’ visit outcomes better. Implemented by our Quality Improvement and Compliance Division (QI), the program seeks to improve overall patient and family experiences. It’s not just about the type of care children receive, but also how they feel when they are here and how we can make it better. Examples of these implementations include redesigning our waiting room area, having our staff introduce themselves when they come and greet our patients, and escorting our patients back when their exam is completed.
It’s good to know that all our efforts have yielded good results. Here is an update on March’s Radiology Patient Experience data and testimonials from our patients and families.
March Radiology Patient Experience Update
How are we doing?
In February, 91. 5% of the 376 families surveyed gave us a score of 9 or 10 for “Overall Rating of Facility.”
February’s score exceeds the Radiology FY21 PE Goal of 89.4%
Radiology survey scores are up!
- Most Radiology survey scores trended sharply upward in May after Covid restrictions began
- Few other areas of the hospital saw an increase in their Patient Experience scores
February Survey Comments
- Our Radiology tech was amazing. She was very personable and kind. We love CCHMC, especially Green Township!
- The CT tech was amazing with our son. He was nervous and she explained everything and made him feel comfortable. Great experience!
- I don’t remember her name, but the nurse who came to get us from the waiting room and was there through the scan was absolutely incredible. She was extremely helpful and kind. She offered assistance when my hands were full, helped get my child to sleep and feel comfortable. She also helped ease my nervousness for the scan as well!
- I only waited 20 minutes and the tech was very apologetic as she was the only one there and got busy. Her kindness to my son more than made up for any wait I experienced.
- The technician was excellent. My son was nervous despite only receiving an x-ray. She talked him through what she was going to do and he relaxed.
- I had an amazing experience with the two women who took care of me. I have really bad anxiety and I am really bad with needles and IVs and they made me feel extremely safe and didn’t make me feel stupid. They held my hand and let me just ramble about stuff so I could distract myself, and they were so supportive helping me keep that conversation going while they were getting my IV put in. I also got to watch Trolls which is a win! Ha ha thank you so much for making me not feel stupid and being kind to me, it means the world to me.
- Everyone is amazing. You have a hospital full of brand ambassadors and I have yet to come in contact with someone who didn’t go above and beyond for us.
- The woman who completed the x-rays was phenomenal. She was happy, upbeat, and knew exactly how to talk to a 4–year–old. She needs to be employee of the year. What a wonderful experience when I was dealing with a sick child. Great job!!
- Julie, our ultrasound tech, was phenomenal! She worked so hard to calm Jadalyn down and even made her laugh! Emily has been amazing throughout the last few procedures my daughter has had to have! She works so hard to make sure Jadalyn understands what’s going on and tries her best to keep her calm!
- They were very sensitive to my child’s fear of needles. He needed contrast through an IV. They were able to handle it perfectly without my child having any tears and he was happy and relaxed after the procedure.
- Kevin was amazing. He was friendly, professional, and really demonstrated concern for my comfort the entire time. Literally the best experience I’ve ever had, and I’ve had many. He explained things so well, I actually understood. He’s also so humble; he goes by his first name, even though he has the best education and experience. Thank you so much for making such an impact on me.
- They were all absolutely amazing and really great with her and went above and beyond to make her comfortable during her test and procedures…we are absolutely pleased with everything.
Quality Improvement and Compliance Division, author; Glenn Miñano, BFA, editor; Meredith Towbin, copy editor
Leave a Reply