Radiology Year End Wrap-Up
It’s hard to believe that 2018 is coming to an end. Soon we’ll be celebrating 2019, but before we do, let’s take a look back at this past year and its highlights:
- In the first half of the year, we started off with our very first dog visit to the Radiology Department. Our staff loved it so much that it’s become a recurring event.
- For “Random Acts of Kindness Day”, our beloved Radiologist-in-Chief, Dr. Brian Coley, bought the department some delicious cookies.
- We opened a new Hybrid OR.
- We had a contest for our patients to create a department holiday. The winner was “Show Your True Colors Day!’
- In April we hit a milestone. We reached our 500th blog post.
- Two of our blog editors made a life-changing decision and said “goodbye” to our blog group. We will miss Bessie Ganim and Sparkle Torruella.
- Our local firefighters visited our department for some MRI safety training.
- Second-year medical summer students were hired to help our faculty with research.
- We said goodbye to our graduating 2018 pediatric fellows and said hello to our incoming 2019 fellows.
- Scott Dunn (IRC Technologist) retired in August and former Head Technologist “Sid” Kunimura (70’s-80’s) passed away.
- Drs. Babcock and Oestreich were honored with Cincinnati Children’s Heritage Video Series.
- Construction, construction, construction… Cincinnati Children’s is currently building a new tower that would connect to the A and B building. Our MRI services were affected.
- Our Large Conference Room was not immune to construction bug. It’s been about eighteen years since the room has seen any major redesign.
- We also had our Halloween Costume contest and declared its winners.
- Thanks to Anita Robbins, we won 2nd Place for the hospital’s Holiday Tree Contest.
- Last but not least, we celebrated our Holiday Luncheon and our Ugly Sweater Contest.
There has been some new faces, awards and several promotions. Just like every year, our department has been busy improving patient services and adjusting to current events. We hope that next year will be a prosperous and fulfilling one for all of us.