Posts from Karla Rauch
Parents: Beware of Button Batteries During the Holidays
This is the time of year when Karla, Emmett's mom, steps up her button battery awareness into high gear. Since Emmett swallowed one 8 years ago, he's had 68 surgical procedures. Read how dangerous button batteries are and what types of holiday items they're in.
Life After Airway Reconstruction Starts with Soccer Practice
After a colonic interposition, a laryngotracheoplasty & removal of his tracheostomy, Emmett has finally recovered since swallowing a button battery!
The First Time Emmett Blew Out His Birthday Candles
My youngest son, Emmett, swallowed a button battery on the day we were supposed to be celebrating his first birthday. Not only did it change our lives forever, but it