Tag "button batteries"

The holidays mean something a little bit different for everyone. For me, it’s the time of year in which I step up my button battery awareness efforts into high gear. My youngest son, Emmett, swallowed a button battery eight years › Continue Reading

When he was younger, my older brother had a small plastic gun that shot shiny round BB pellets. One day he told my mom that a bunch of his BB’s were missing. Sure enough, the case of the missing BB › Continue Reading

Those tiny magnets that hold reminders to your fridge can cause big harm to a child who swallows them, says Wendy Pomerantz, MD, an emergency physician with Cincinnati Children’s.  The magnets can stick to each other across the bowel wall and › Continue Reading