Making a burrito bowl can be a quick, easy and healthy meal! And best of all, you can make it just the way you like it – with extra heat or mild enough for the whole family.
Makes 8 servings
- 16 oz of ground turkey, 93% lean; 7% fat
- 1 can fat free refried beans OR 1 can kidney/pinto beans, drained and rinsed, mashed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper or yellow pepper, finely chopped OR 1 bag of frozen mirepeaux (onions, peppers, celery)
- Vegetable oil spray
- Mrs. Dash chipotle seasoning blend
- Saute ground turkey in pan sprayed with vegetable oil spray (Add extra water to prevent sticking)
- Drain turkey and place into bowl.
- Saute chopped onion, red pepper OR bag of frozen mirepeaux in pan sprayed with vegetable oil spray.
- Cook until onions, peppers are browned, tender.
- Add cooked ground turkey back to the pan.
- Sprinkle liberally with Mrs. Dash seasoning blend.
- Add can of fat free refried beans. Stir well into ground turkey/vegetable mixture. Heat until warmed through.
Leave a Reply