Healthier Holiday Recipe: Mini Cheesecakes
Eating healthier this holiday season has been made a little easier by our HealthWorks! dietitians. We created better-for-you versions of our favorite dishes. Try them out and let us know how they taste!
Recipe: Mini Cheesecakes
Makes 12 servings
Here’s a low fat, lower-in-sugar version of this dessert favorite.
For the Cheesecake:
- 3 oz. low fat cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 oz. fat free cream cheese
- 2 eggs or ½ cup egg substitute
- ½ cup sugar or sugar substitute
For the Topping:
- 1 pint of drained, nonfat plain yogurt
- ¼ cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line muffin tins with 12 cupcake papers.
- In mixing bowl, beat the low fat and fat free cream cheeses until smooth. Add sugar/sugar substitute and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs/egg substitute and beat until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake mixture evenly into muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool 5-10 minutes.
- For the topping: mix yogurt, sugar or sugar substitute and vanilla until smooth.
- Top each cheesecake with topping, spread around evenly covering the entire top. Put back in oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Cool. Refrigerate two hours or overnight.
- Decorate with fruit.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 121 calories, 6 gm protein, 14 gm carbohydrates,4 gm fat, <1 gm fiber, 41 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium.