Our dietitians put together holiday recipes that exclude the six most common food allergens. This recipe works with turkey or duck as well.
- Score the skin of the chicken breast with a sharp knife and season with salt (remove the skin if preferred).
- Place the breast skin-side down in a cold non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- You may need to remove the melted fat/sauce while cooking the breast.
- Cook the breast for approximately 6 minutes then turn it over and continue to cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn the breast on its sides to evenly sear the meat on all surfaces then remove the breast from the pan and cover in foil.
Meat Sauce Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups broth or stock
- 1 shallot or 1/2 small yellow onion, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free spread
- Use the same pan after cooking the meat if preferred.
- Add stock and broth and cook over medium-high heat.
- When it comes to a boil, scrape the cooked-on bits of meat from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon or durable rubber spatula.
- The bits of meat will become part of the sauce as the liquid continues to boil.
- Add shallots and saute quickly for about 30 seconds (use onions if preferred). Add salt, pepper, and (if using) sage sprig.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Boil for about 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how hot your pan is.
- Stir cold dairy free spread into sauce just before serving, until completely smooth. Remove sage and serve immediately.