Allergy-Friendly Recipe: Extra Fluffy Mashed Potatoes
Our dietitians put together holiday recipes that exclude the six most common food allergens. Enjoy!
- 8 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup Unflavored elemental formula or any milk substitute
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock (or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
For the topping
- ½ stick (4 tablespoons) dairy free spread
- ¼ cup chives
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Peel potatoes, cut in half, cover with water, and boil for about 15 – 20 mins.
- Whip milk substitute, chicken stock, oil and salt together. Add potato and whip till smooth.
For the topping:
Melt the dairy free spread, add the chives and parsley, pour over the potato. Cover in foil and bake for 30 – 45 mins at 350 F.