Allergy-Friendly Recipe: Healthy Lazy Soup
Our dietitians pulled together holiday recipes that exclude six of the most common food allergens. This is a great one for when you don’t feel like cooking. Recipe courtesy of Bethany Doerfler.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 6-8 cups Gluten Free chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4-5 carrots
- 4-5 celery stalks
- 1 medium onion
- 2 small potatoes (scrubbed and peeled)
- 1 crock pot
- Dice onions, potatoes, carrots and celery.
- Add together in crock pot with chicken and broth.
- Allow to simmer for 6 hours.
- Chicken will be easy to shred with two forks.
- Add back into the crock pot half of the shredded chicken (you will have extra shredded chicken).
- Add rice for extra calories.
- Use the extra shredded chicken for chicken tacos, creamy pasta, or snacking.