Allergy-Friendly Recipe: Meat Balls
Our dietitians put together holiday recipes that exclude the six most common food allergens. This one is courtesy of Bethany Doerfler.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 lb fresh ground beef, chicken or pork
- ¼ cup Heinz Ketchup
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- Potato chips (10-12)
- ½ cup Rice Chex cereal
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 clove fresh garlic diced
- ¼ -1/2 cup gluten free vegetable broth
- Combine meat, spices and ketchup together in bowl. Make breadcrumbs by crushing cereal and chips together.
- Add ingredients together and kneed with hands or stand mixer until mixture combined.
- Shape into meatballs.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until meat is evenly browned.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add ¼ cup broth.
- Cover skillet and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine with allergy free tomato sauce and rice, baked potato or quinoa. Add cooked greens for a complete meal.