Tag: "airway reconstruction"
Parents: Beware of Button Batteries During the Holidays
This is the time of year when Karla, Emmett's mom, steps up her button battery awareness into high gear. Since Emmett swallowed one 8 years ago, he's had 68 surgical procedures. Read how dangerous button batteries are and what types of holiday items they're in.
Down Syndrome and Tracheal Rings: Lessons My Daughter Has Taught Me
My daughter, who has Down syndrome, complete tracheal rings and a laryngeal cleft, has taught me many lessons in her short life.
Tracheotomy Care: Tips for Transitioning to Home
Learn tips for how to care for your child’s tracheotomy at home — from the specialists at Cincinnati Children’s.
Congrats Grads! Celebrating the Class of 2015
Congratulations to members of the graduating Class of 2015! Our care teams have had the pleasure of getting to know these incredible young people over the years while they have been patients at
Cincinnati Children’s Top 14 of 2014
In 2014, the wave of renovations and additions to our physical space continued. We launched the largest comprehensive fundraising campaign in Cincinnati Children’s history. And we worked together to deliver crucial
NBC’s “Today” Reports on Emmett’s Long Journey to Recovery After Swallowing a Button Battery
Five-year-old Emmett Rauch’s medical journey has included 65 surgeries to repair the damage caused from swallowing a button battery four years ago. On December 17, Emmett’s tracheostomy at Cincinnati Children’s
Life After Airway Reconstruction Starts with Soccer Practice
After a colonic interposition, a laryngotracheoplasty & removal of his tracheostomy, Emmett has finally recovered since swallowing a button battery!
The First Time Emmett Blew Out His Birthday Candles
My youngest son, Emmett, swallowed a button battery on the day we were supposed to be celebrating his first birthday. Not only did it change our lives forever, but it
Life After Swallowing A Button Battery
Mother shares her story of discovery, diagnosis, treatment and life after her one-year-old swallowed a button battery.