Tag "button battery ingestion"

As a radiology resident, I learned how to recognize the difference between a button battery and a coin …on an x-ray film. Funny thing is, I’d never seen a button battery in real life! Where did kids find these button › Continue Reading

The recent death of a toddler in Oklahoma from the complications of swallowing a button battery is drawing attention to the dangers of ingesting small lithium batteries. Button batteries are found in many household objects, such as remotes, electronics, and › Continue Reading

As most parents know, toddlers love to put things in their mouths. This is the main reason why ingestion of non-food items, or “foreign bodies,” is a common problem in children less than 3 years of age. According to the › Continue Reading