Tag "emmett rauch"

Five-year-old Emmett Rauch’s medical journey has included 65 surgeries to repair the damage caused from swallowing a button battery four years ago. On December 17, Emmett’s tracheostomy at Cincinnati Children’s was removed allowing the little boy and his family the › Continue Reading

Five-year-old Emmett Rauch got an early Christmas present. Last week, his tracheotomy tube was removed at Cincinnati Children’s. At one point, doctors thought the trach would be needed until Emmett was a teenager. But Dr. Alessandro de Alarcon says that › Continue Reading

Our youngest son, Emmett, has been through a lot the last four years, to say the least. I’ve written previous blog posts about the first and second phases of his recovery following a severe button battery injury. He’s certainly had › Continue Reading

My youngest son, Emmett, swallowed a button battery on the day we were supposed to be celebrating his first birthday. Not only did it change our lives forever, but it also changed the significance of birthdays for our family. We › Continue Reading

At Cincinnati Children’s last week, four-year-old Emmett Rauch had surgery that will allow him to eventually breathe again on his own. The young boy swallowed a quarter-sized button battery when he was a year old, burning a hole in his › Continue Reading

On October 16, 2010, my son Emmett became ill. He was coughing, lethargic, and had a fever with very little desire to eat. Concerned, my husband Michael took him to a local pediatric urgent care in our home town of Phoenix, Arizona. Emmett was assessed and › Continue Reading