Posts From Karla Rauch

The holidays mean something a little bit different for everyone, but for me, it’s the time of year in which I step up my button battery awareness efforts into high gear. My youngest son, Emmett, swallowed a button battery four › Continue Reading

Our youngest son, Emmett, has been through a lot the last four years, to say the least. I’ve written previous blog posts about the first and second phases of his recovery following a severe button battery injury. He’s certainly had › Continue Reading

My youngest son, Emmett, swallowed a button battery on the day we were supposed to be celebrating his first birthday. Not only did it change our lives forever, but it also changed the significance of birthdays for our family. We › Continue Reading

On October 16, 2010, my son Emmett became ill. He was coughing, lethargic, and had a fever with very little desire to eat. Concerned, my husband Michael took him to a local pediatric urgent care in our home town of Phoenix, Arizona. Emmett was assessed and › Continue Reading